Yesterday was my first day on the job here at the State House. For my SCORE project I am interning with Representative Brad Hill. This morning after my AP government class, I took the 9:26 am train to North Station with Erik Arntsen who is working with Representative Parcella from Beverly. After arriving at the state house I proceeded to Rep. Hill’s office where I met his legislative aide Jessica. I then began my first task which was to cut pictures of constituents out of the Manchester Cricket. Next I searched for the addresses of the constituents using the white pages and the Manchester street listings. After that I laminated the pictures and formatted a letter to correspond with each one. Although this seems like a trivial project it is actually very important. It is necessary because it is very important to keep a close contact with the constituents and also to remain accessible to the constituents. After working for most of the morning on the pictures and letters I took a break for lunch. I had lunch in one of the Republican leadership offices down the hall with Jessica and a few of the other aides. After lunch I finished up the letters and pictures by putting them in envelopes for Representative Hill to sign. Representative Hill was not in the office because of an out of office meeting. After I finished with the letters and left for North Station to take the train back to Manchester. Overall, there isn’t a whole lot that is going on the State House this week but in the coming weeks there will be much more to report because of the budget debates which will take place at the end of April.
