Monday, October 11, 2010

Charlie Baker

Why should people elect Charlie Baker?
                Charlie Baker is the republican candidate running for governor. People should vote for him if they believe in a more efficient run state. Baker has proposed a “Baker’s Dozen” plan which lists 13 ways in which he would save taxpayers $1 billion dollars. Some of these 13 points include opening public construction projects to all bidders which would save between $75 m- $100m; Pension reform $50 m; consolidate state government $400 m. These are just some of the ways Charlie Baker plans to get the state back on track.
Why should people not elect Charlie Baker?
                People should not elect Charlie Baker if they are wearing of his questionable involvement with the Big Dig project. Also, while the head of Harvard Pilgrim healthcare he raised healthcare premiums and then tripled his own salary.
What do you think?
I would definitely vote for Charlie Baker. I think it is time that the state got back on track and headed in the right direction. Baker has proposed many new ideas that I believe are very smart. Whether or not he will follow through with these proposals is another question but I would be willing to take the chance. If Deval Patrick is re-elected I don’t believe that the current condition of the state will change. Baker has proposed a number of reforms that I agree. Baker opposes question 3 which would lower the state sales tax to 3%. However, he believes it should be lowered to 5%. I have to agree on him with this issue. I think this is a much smarting move because it makes MA more competitive but also allows MA to lower the state income tax to 5% as well. Overall, I would certainly vote for Charlie Baker.