Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tim Cahill

Why should people elect Tim Cahill?
People should elect Tim Cahill because he believes in a fiscally conservative government. He also believes that the state government should be spending more wisely. He is also relatively strict on immigration. Overall, Cahill has spent the past few years as the state treasurer. During this time he has experienced how the Commonwealth operates fiscally. His thorough understanding of the economy would be beneficial if he were to be elected as governor.
Why shouldn’t people elect Tim Cahill?
One reason to be skeptical about Tim Cahill is that there have been reports that his campaign is working in conjunction with the Deval Patrick campaign in an effort to defeat Charlie Baker. Paul Loscocco who was Cahill’s running mate but quit the campaign after a variety of issues this being one of them, stated that head Cahill and strategist and head Patrick strategist have put in a coordinated effort on Charlie Baker attack ads. I believe this is a cause for concern because it is very deceitful. I know that almost all politicians can be wrong at times but this is downright unethical and immoral. If this story is true it not only makes Cahill look bad but will also make Patrick look bad as well.
What is your opinion?
I would not vote for Tim Cahill. Although he is running as an independent he is agenda is far too moderate for my liking. As a lifelong democrat if he were to be elected governor I think he would more or less act like a democratic governor. At this time the state does not need a governor who he is basically the same as Deval Patrick. We need new blood in the state house. Overall, I would not vote for Tim Cahill.