Wednesday, the 27th marked the 3rd day of the budget debates. As I entered the State House at the Ashburton entrance this morning I noticed a remarkable amount of people loitering around the entrance. After I got through security and upstairs to our floor there were even more people standing in the halls. Apparently, these people were union members who were very upset about a vote that was taken the previous night, which stripped their right to collectively bargain for health insurance. Anyway, I started the day by learning how to write a press release. As a legislative aide you must be proficient at writing press releases because this is a main job responsibility. Anytime the rep. you are working for is making an appearance in the district or has a big announcement, a press release is usually submitted to the local press and sometimes the larger papers such as the Boston Globe and Boston Herald. Today, my job was to write a press release announcing that I was interning with Rep Hill. In the press release I first announced that I was interning and then talked a little about the SCORE program. Next, I gave a brief background of myself and then closed with my plans for the future. It was a bit strange writing about yourself in the third person. After I was finished I went with Rep Hill to the grand staircase to have my picture taken with him by the House photographer. Once we got back to the office I sent the picture and the press release out to the Manchester Cricket. After I finished that I headed back to the House chamber to take in more of the budget debates. Today, however I sat in the House gallery with the press instead of with the aides on the floor. The gallery provides for a much different vantage point and makes the process seem a lot more civilized as well as organized.