On Thursday May 5th I arrived at the State House expecting a somewhat normal day. When I arrived in the office no one was there but there was a note on my desk. The note written by Jessica said that she and Rep Hill had to attend an event in the district that had just come to their attention. The note instructed me to see Dave in the Republican Leader’s Office for more instructions (Dave is the aide for Rep. George Peterson Assistant Minority Leader). After speaking with Dave he gave me a lot of work for the day. My first task was to go through about 3 months worth of newspapers from Rep Peterson’s district and to cut out any articles pertaining to Rep Peterson or an article which highlighted a constituent in a positive way. This took about an hour. My next task was to go through the obituaries and recorded which constituents had passed away using a special database called the Barre Group. Recording that these citizens had passed felt very strange to me and almost like I was deleting them from the system. Next, I went through the banker and tradesman to look up any new home purchases in Rep Peterson’s district. I did this so Rep Peterson’s office would know whether or not the home was part of their district ( In two of the towns that Rep Peterson represents he only is responsible for a couple of the precincts and not the whole town). Lastly, Dave had me call a health insurance office to clear up an issue that a constituent had regarding Mass Health. The woman I dealt with on the phone was very helpful and was able to answer all of my questions. Overall, it was another fun day and a good experience working with another office to see how they do things.